Forwarding to free mail providers is prveneted by cpanel to protect its IP from being blacklisted by the providers in case of spamming. And to prevent possible e-mail loops.
Note: Though it isnt advised, because the below has the same effect as forwarding
You can configure a Gmail account to access another e-mail account directly. In this configuration, you do not set up an e-mail forwarder; instead you access messages in the other account using your Gmail inbox.
To set up this configuration, follow these steps:
- Disable any e-mail forwarders you have set up that forward messages from the Cpanel account to the Gmail account.
- Log in to the Gmail account.
- Click the Gmail settings icon, and then click Settings.
- Click Accounts and Import.
- In the Check mail from other accounts (using POP3) row, click Add a POP3 mail account you own.
- In the Email address text box, type the e-mail address that you want to access from Gmail, and then click Next Step.
- In the Username text box, type the full e-mail address of the Cpanel account (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In the Password text box, type the password for the Cpanel account.
- In the POP Server text box, type your server host name
- In the Port list box, select 995.
- If you want to keep copies of messages on the Cpanel server, select the Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server check box.
If you do not select this option, Gmail will download messages and automatically remove them from the Cpanel account.
- Select the Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail check box.
- If you want to apply a label to messages, select the Label incoming messages check box and select a label.
- If you want to automatically archive new messages, select the Archive incoming messages (Skip the Inbox) check box.
- Click Add Account. You should receive a Your mail account has been added message. If you do not receive this message, verify the information you provided in steps 7 to 10, and then try again.
- If you do not want to send e-mail from the Cpanel account using Gmail, click No, and then click Finish. However, if you do want to be able to send e-mail from the Cpanel account using Gmail, click Yes, click Next Step, and then follow these steps:
- Specify the display name you want to use, and then click Next Step.
- In the SMTP Server text box, type your server host name
- In the Port list box, select 465.
- In the Username text box, type the full e-mail address of the Cpanel email account (for example, email@example.com).
- In the Password text box, type the password for the Cpanel email account.
- Select Secured connection using SSL.
- Click Add Account.
- Gmail sends a confirmation email to the Cpanel account. Either click the confirmation link in the email, or type the confirmation code in the text box.